Freelancers Vs Entrepreneurs
I just realized not everyone understands that Freelancers are different from Entrepreneurs.
So I am going to explain:
A Freelancer is:
1. Self employed.
2. Has to be present, using his or her skill.
3. A freelancer can receive multiple jobs, but attends to each job one after the other.
4. A freelancer does not need to register a company to get jobs and a freelancer's service fee can be paid into his or her personal account.
5. I am yet to see a freelancer with a pension scheme
Freelancers include, Writers, Graphic Artist, Film Directors, Video Editors, Virtual Assistants etc
An Entrepreneur is someone who:
1. Develops a business and Register a company.
2. An entrepreneur needs an initial capital to start(I will advice start-ups to start small and grow).
3. Entrepreneurs are risk takers.
4. Entrepreneurs have people working with/for their company.
5. Entrepreneurs run a structured organization and their company makes money even if the owner is not physically present.
Guess what an individual can be both a freelancer and an entrepreneur.
I will use myself as an example as I am both.
As a Freelancer I Write, Produce and Direct Movies. I can't delegate any of the above skill to anyone, meaning I have to be available to render these services to my clients.
As an Entrepreneur I run a registered company (MyHabit MyFuture Initiative) where we design costumes for movies, manage social media platforms for clients etc.
I work with a team to deliver my clients jobs therefore even if I am on leave and out of the country work goes on and my company makes money.
Okay, all said....
Let me know if you are a freelancer or an entrepreneur or both like me