Mother and Child: The Summer Holiday Is Here.
Its not easy combining running the home and taking care of the kids especially when they are toddlers like mine.
I decided early enough not to burn my self out, so I don't get to the point of shouting at everyone in the house, thereby making my presence a liability instead of an asset.
This method has worked for me so far, and you might be wondering how do I avoid getting burnt out especially now the Kids are on holiday.
- I have a daily to do list and I follow it (Everyone in the house follows my routine).
- I priorities, and get everyone involved in the house chores even my 3 year old, (As a baby your duty is to watch while mummy gets the chores done).
- I train my kids with books from age One, there is a reading and writing time (Monday-Friday).
- If I need to run errands I drop them off at the Day Care and pay for the amount of hours they will be with the care giver.
- We all watch Television together, Yes! While they are watching their program in the Bedroom I watch mine in the Sitting room, vice versa.
- We Pray together.
- We Sleep together(I put them to bed and I sleep beside them, give them maximum 30 minutes and everyone is fast asleep, then I can get up and have some me time.)
- I make sure I don't procrastinate and pile up chores so, I never feel exhausted from house chores, I delegate any special/time demanding chore and just let myself breathe.
"A Diane's Story"